Judy L. Wishloff
B. Mus., B.Ed., M.Mus., Dip.F.A.
Director Of Instrumental Music
David T. Graham
Director of Vocal Music
Associate Director of Instrumental Music
Dip. Mus., B. Mus., B.Ed.
Sir Winston Churchill High School Band Accomplisments
- SUPERIOR AWARDS at The Alberta International Band Festival in Calgary 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006.
- SUPERIOR AWARDS at The Alberta Band Association Provincial Festival of Bands 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006.
- SILVER TRUMPET AWARDS as the Most Outstanding Band of the Alberta Band Association Provincial Festival of Bands 2000 and 2001.
- Selected as FEATURE CONCERT PERFORMERS at The Canadian Rocky Mountain Music Festival (2001 Percussion Ensemble) (2004 Symphonic Band)
- TOP BAND at the Calgary Kiwanis Music Festival and winners of $2,000 in scholarship money in the year 2000.
- GOLD AWARD at The Alberta International Band Festival Edmonton 1999.
- GOLD AWARD at The Toronto Heritage Festival 1997.
- Patrick Staples (String Bass) was selected to tour Canada as a member of the National Youth Orchestra 2004. In 2005, Patrick was awarded a four year fully funded scholarship to the prestigious Colburn Academy of Music in Los Angeles, CA., valued in excess of $200,000.
- Stephen Fong (Trumpet) was selected as a top jazz soloist at The Alberta International Band Festival Calgary 2004. He is currently Trumpet Section Leader for the University of Calgary Wind Ensemble.
- Chris Hall (Trombone) and Rose Schmaltz (Flute) were chosen to be members of The Alberta Band Association Provincial Honour Band 2004. In 2005, Rose received entrance scholarships from the University of Calgary to study chemistry and music. In 2006, Chris was selected as a top jazz soloist at the Alberta International Band Festival in Calgary.
- In the school year 2004 – 2005, 85% of the senior band class made the Sir Winston Churchill High School Honour Roll, received Rutherford Scholarships, and went on to post-secondary studies at various institutions across Canada and the United States.
- Emily Marasco (Oboe) was awarded FIRST CLASS INDIVIDUAL HONOURS at The Alberta International Band Festival 2005. In 2006, Emily received more than $17,000 in entrance scholarships to pursue engineering and music at the University of Calgary.
- Blue Jazz Band and Concert Band received GOLD AWARDS at The Alberta International Band Festival 2005.
- The Symphonic Band received a SUPERIOR rating at The Calgary Kiwanis Music Festival 2005.
- The Symphonic Band received the top mark of SUPERIOR at The Alberta Band Association Provincial Festival of Bands in Red Deer 2005.
- Jasmine Jung took FIRST CLASS HONOURS and FIRST PLACE in three categories of flute performance at the 2006 Kiwanis Music Festival.
- SUPERIOR BAND AWARD at the 2006 Sun Peaks B.C. Music Festival.
- Tony Park performed with the National Honour Band in Vancouver, 2007
- Jasmine Jung, Josh Jung, Andrew Smistad, and Devin Kwok performed with the Alberta International Band Festival Honour Band in 2007.